[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default Lucaya, Grand Bahama Island to Saint Simons Island GA April 18-19 PRF and RMS power

On Wed, 3 Jun 2009 17:48:22 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

wrote in message
Wilbur,

Stick to stuff you understand.
1. The VHF is on at a100% duty cycle so it's output is 25 watts as you
stated.
2. The RADAR has a pulsed output. The shorter the pulse the better the
resolution of the radar. I remember one 25KW radar I was repairing only
used
5 watts for the magnetron.

Power consumed depends on the pulse width and the pulse repetition
frequency.

That's odd, I could have sworn the link I posted rated the yacht radar
described at 2.2 kilowatt output.

Wilbur Hubbard

You should have read the whole page before trying to use it as a
reference, dumbass. Further down it says:

Power consumption Max. 36 W, 8 W in standby mode

To get it to draw the max, you would need to crank up the gain all the
way while in 16 mile range. The only time you might do that for a very
brief period is when looking for rain off in the distance.

Realistically, you will almost never draw more than 2 amps, and most
of the time less than that.