[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default Lucaya, Grand Bahama Island to Saint Simons Island GA April 18-19 PRF and RMS power

On Wed, 3 Jun 2009 18:16:30 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

wrote in message
It is a 2.2 KW pulse for say one microsecond 200 times a second and off
the
rest of the time. Do the math, 200 microseconds on the rest of the time it
is off.
You can see this is not going to be a very high average power.

I see your point. If it only runs at that kilowatt output for 1/10 of a
second then for the entire second it will have a draw 1/10 for the entire
second. When talking amps it is better to talk amp/hours. But even so, 2.2
kilowatts - one tenth of that is still 22 watts only for generating the
signal. You still have gears and motor turning that rotor and you still have
the receiver power draw, the cpu power draw and the screen power draw. That
idiot who claimed his radar only draws 2.1 amps continuously is lying. You
don't get something for nothing.

Wilbur Hubbard

I got that figure out of the manual for my Furuno 1623 RADAR.

And I didn't say my RADAR draws that much continuously. It draws
considerably less than that most of the time.