[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default Lucaya, Grand Bahama Island to Saint Simons Island GA April 18-19 PRF and RMS power

On Wed, 3 Jun 2009 17:48:22 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

wrote in message
Wilbur,

Stick to stuff you understand.
1. The VHF is on at a100% duty cycle so it's output is 25 watts as you
stated.
2. The RADAR has a pulsed output. The shorter the pulse the better the
resolution of the radar. I remember one 25KW radar I was repairing only
used
5 watts for the magnetron.

Power consumed depends on the pulse width and the pulse repetition
frequency.

That's odd, I could have sworn the link I posted rated the yacht radar
described at 2.2 kilowatt output.

Wilbur Hubbard

What a complete dope.