Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default Fishing Lures (was) Lucaya, Grand Bahama Island to Saint Simons Island GA April 18-19

Skip, what kind of fishing lure are you using? I'm impressed by your
"catch". Any chance of a lure photo?

Hi, Wayne, and list,

The mahi was pretty small as they go, but still ample food. Lures have
ranged from raw cedar tuna plugs to painted tuna plugs, to gummi-bear
material skirted hooks, to a spoon with the hook screwed in the middle
(there's prolly a name for that but if there is I don't remember it).

Doesn't seem to matter. If they ain't there, they won't bite. If they are,
it doesn't seem to matter to them.

The only constant is no cut or live bait. Just hooks on the end of the line
with something which interests them. Once caught three in a row, in very
short order, on different lures (I never have two of the same time behind
the boat, cuz, like you, I'm baffled as to any certainty of lure).

HTH...

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

"Believe me, my young friend, there is *nothing*-absolutely nothing-half so
much worth doing as simply messing, messing-about-in-boats; messing about in
boats-or *with* boats.
In or out of 'em, it doesn't matter. Nothing seems really to matter, that's
the charm of it.
Whether you get away, or whether you don't; whether you arrive at your
destination or whether you reach somewhere else, or whether you never get
anywhere at all, you're always busy, and you never do anything in
particular; and when you've done it there's always something else to do, and
you can do it if you like, but you'd much better not."