cm

Default Type of Boat for Cruising in Southern California

Thanks for all your inputs. I am looking for something that is safe
and seaworthy and that can cruise at 15 knots or more. Any other
ideas?

Thanks,

CM

otnmbrd wrote in message hlink.net...
Not a lot to go on ...... are you going to have time for slow cruising,
if so, maybe a single screw trawler will be for you (possible
bowthruster), if not, you may need to go to twin screw with more power.
There are many possibilities which include many types of hulls and layouts.

otn

cm wrote:
I am looking into buying a used boat for doing some offshore cruising
(e.g., from southern california to catalina or the channel islands),
as well as some fishing. The boat should have amenities for
accommodating my family (2 adults and 2kids) for a weekend. I am
looking for something in the 30 to 40 foot range.

I am new to boating. I am currently taking a boating course at a local
power squadron and will start taking private lessons on the operation
of larger power boats (30ft and over) in Marina Del Rey.

Any suggestions or comments as to the type of boat I should be looking
at will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

CM