Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default Lucaya, Grand Bahama Island to Saint Simons Island GA April 18-19

The REAL solution is to get rid of the wind-up sails. Sad tale of woe
after sad tail of woe is due to malfunctions of wind-ups. One NEVER hears
of such a thing with real, hanked-on headsails.

Going downwind in a sloop requires the use of a spinnaker or cruising
chute. Messing with poled out genoas is stupid and lubberly.

Get a clue Skippy! Stop worshipping that motor and learn how to sail.

Wilbur Hubbard

Nice to see you back :{))

Of course, I'd not have been on the foredeck otherwise, whereas those
fabulous hankers would have required it every time I wanted to do some
adjustment to the headsail. Corralling a large sail in fair seas, required
in such circumstances, isn't high on my list.

And, until we were beating unreasonably, Perky stayed listless (well,
moribund, even).

I admit I'm still learning how to sail. I hope I never get to the point
where I think I know it all, as in complacency lies danger...

L8R

Skip, still trying to get Tropica Marine to stand up and take the heat for
their misinstallation of our radar (wrong cable for the application)

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

"Believe me, my young friend, there is *nothing*-absolutely nothing-half so
much worth doing as simply messing, messing-about-in-boats; messing about in
boats-or *with* boats.
In or out of 'em, it doesn't matter. Nothing seems really to matter, that's
the charm of it.
Whether you get away, or whether you don't; whether you arrive at your
destination or whether you reach somewhere else, or whether you never get
anywhere at all, you're always busy, and you never do anything in
particular; and when you've done it there's always something else to do, and
you can do it if you like, but you'd much better not."