posted to rec.boats.electronics
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default Boat Stereo Power Supply Question

In article , wrote:
On Jun 1, 8:29=A0pm, wrote:
I am currently putting the finishing touches on a 16' driftboat (no
engine) and ran across another driftboat this past weekend that had a
stereo system in it. He had a battery in it that appeared to about
half the size of a car battery to power the stereo. So now I want to
put a CD/MP3 player in my boat and a couple of speakers and was
wondering what size of battery I can use that would provide a minimum
of 6-8 hours of playback time.

Thanks.

I forgot to add....I would like something as small and "light" as
possible.

I made a boom box a long while back. HU little power amp.
A 6 AHr would power it for 5-6 hours. Figure that
out. A 10-12 AHr would be safe.

greg