Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default Socialized medicine.

On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 11:30:15 -0700, jps wrote:

On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 12:04:19 -0500, Richard Casady
wrote:

On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 01:01:53 -0700, jps wrote:

The poor schmuck who walks into a hospital with a problem and no
insurance will end up without money or a house in no time.

Considering that I got affordable insurance, about average cost, after
they knew I had cancer, you would have to be a schmuck to get zeroed
out financially.

Casady

What were you doing with cancer and no insurance, schmuck?

Self insured with over a mil cash more or less gathering dust in a
money market account. I have been saving my money in case I took a
major uninsured hit, or the Dow went to near zero. Anyone can sue for
anything, and juries are sometimes nuts. I have saved most of my
income for decades.I haven't had a new car since 1975. A Volvo wagon
with the last of the pushrod motors

Treatment seems to be successful, and it wasn't financial disaster. I
would feel lucky, except 7 out of 8 don't get it. I am grateful for a
life expectency. They x-rayed my neck to the point where I can only
turn my head about 45 degrees, and I will never be able to have
swallow solid food. I can drink liquids at least.
I have a tube into my stomach for swill. Smoking and drinking is a bad
combination for causing oral cancer. They told me to quit drinking,
but it is ok to pour the beer into the feeding bag.

I was a schmuck for forty years of Camel no filters. I will admit
that.

What if your kid's leg was half severed or had a burst appendix and
you were in the same situation?

I don't pay bills for my wifes adult kids.

Would you shop around before taking him to the emergency room?

You should know which is the best ER in town.

You think the insurance company would cover his pre-existing
condition?

What are you talking about? It's my insurance, not his. Mine covers
existing conditions after six months.

As I write the TV says an Air France plane disappeared, after
reporting some equipment problems, enroute from Rio to Paris.

Not a chance.

Not a bit of relevance.

Casady