Jere Lull

Default Honda 4 stoke Engine Problem

Dennis wrote:

Honda 4 stoke Engine Problem

I have an older Honda 4 stroke Outboart engine - Long shaft for sailboats.
it is stuck in Reverse and I am trying to remove the lower unit does anyone
know how to release the lower shaft on this unit ? Or where I can get an
inexpensive manual on this motor ?

Your Honda dealer should be have a manual. Our old 7.5 required
releasing the set-bolt on the shift shaft "behind" the mount -- there's
a slot that should be pretty obvious. A bit of rubber mallet work on the
lowermost section should split the case. Once the shifter is released,
the rest of the parts will slip out of their mating surfaces (power
shaft and cooling water, as I recall.)

--
Jere Lull