Larry Larry is offline

Default Off to the races

"Capt. JG" wrote in
easolutions:

Well, it's a friendly regatta... Sausalito, around Alcatraz, up
Raccoon Straight, then ending at the Richardson Bay entrance.

I'm sailing an Ericson 32, "competing" with several Beneteaus of
various sizes, a Pearson and a C&C 32, several Hanses (35 and 47), a
Caliber 40, and a Morgan Out Island 51.

We've got the ebb for most of the time, so it should be interesting
getting to Alcatraz and behind Angel Island.

With his handicap, if the Morgan arrives two days after everyone goes home
HE WINS! (My buddy's Amel 41 is in that class, too....(c;])

(We carry a starter's gun to shoot off as we cross what WAS the finish line
before they took up the bouys and the bar closed at 3AM. We take a picture
of the dark, vacant yacht club dock...just in case there's a protest.)

If the wind isn't stiff enough and the tide drags us away from the starting
line, we may not place. They're kinda picky about actually crossing the
start line, here.

Nobody has more fun than we do. As soon as she crosses the start line
everyone starts cheering and setting off saluting cannons to mark the
event. We try to put real serious looks on our faces peering out under our
yellow Sowesters with the Lionheart crests on them, to at least give the
appearance we're really serious. "Put down the bloody marys and prepare to
come about!"....Pavarotti blaring away on the big stereo.....

--
-----
Larry

We have our pride!