Bill Cole

Default The problem with these off-topic, political threads...

How is a bunch of drunks chumming the water and placing live bait on a hook
any more of sport?

Harry, you are one of the biggest hypocrites I have seen in this ng.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
news
noah wrote:

On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 20:06:25 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

jps wrote:
"noah" wrote in message

Don, FWIW, laser sights and silencers are strictly illegal for any
kind of hunting, and any responsible hunter would not think of using
them even if they were legal. Also FWIW, if I am bird hunting
(including waterfowl), I do not shoot them if they are "down". All
shots are taken "in flight".

Don't geese mate for life?

Not when our hunterboys shoot down one of the pair.

Harry, I have never seen you react so emotionally, and illogically.
I don't suppose that it would matter if I said that I love wildlife as
much, or more, than you do.

Are you familiar with hunting cultures? The respect I have is very
similar to Native American respect and spirituality concerning the
animals they killed, ate, and revered.

I am beginning to see you in a different light.

noah

You've totally missed my point, which is that I do not believe hunting
is a sport. As for Native Americans of the 19th and earlier centuries,
they hunted to survive. That's a bit different than a bunch of drunks
with shotguns going out to a field where geese have landed and blasting
the birds to kingdom come and thinking that "sport" has taken place.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.