Bruce in Bangkok[_14_] Bruce in Bangkok[_14_] is offline

Default A letter from Peter

On Wed, 27 May 2009 16:20:49 +0200, "Edgar"
wrote:

"Bruce in Bangkok" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 26 May 2009 19:10:17 +0200, "Edgar"
wrote:

"Larry" wrote in message
Bruce in Bangkok wrote in
:

24 year old daughter Lauren (recent
music degree graduate) are from Orlando Florida. I came alongside

Sailors. You gotta love 'em....(c;]

Yes. I hate going alongside or being alongside anyone. Why bother leaving
the marina if that is what you like?

Try a voyage from Galapagos to The Tuamotus. You may be more friendly
after you get there after 3500 miles of no one to talk ....

Yes, I expect you are right on that. But I would still prefer to meet them
in a bar or cross by dinghy rather than raft together.

His letter says he went along side to get anchoring information then
anchored between them and a reef...

The usual procedure would be to drift, slowly, close to another boat
and shout "Where's a good place to anchor?" They reply, "Over there"
or "Not over there, ROCKS!", or something like that. Then you go and
anchor.

I don't think I have ever seen boats in this area "raft up" as Larry
talks about. Even in Phi Phi Bay, in the high season, when you can
hardly find room to sling the pick, as the Aussies say, boats don't
seem to raft together.

Cheers,

Bruce in Bangkok
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)