Steve

Default Volvo MD17C bent pushrods HELP!

As I have mentioned in here, in other posts, I'm on my second boat with the
MD2B. Not an expert but I have experienced some problems with the engines
(no more than you might with other makes) but I have sorted them out myself
with the aid of the manuals and Volvo service bulletins and user articiles.
As a result, I have a higher degree of confidence in the Volvo MD series
than most around this group.

One of the biggest complaints I have had in the past has been the high cost
of simple parts, like gasket, etc. Major parts are expensive as well but now
that there are so many being replaced there are plenty of use parts
available.. I even found a fellow at the boater Swap Meet that had his
cruising spares for sale at a bargin price.

A fellow from Europe contacted me once to let me know that the MD series
engine are still available new in Northern Europe and sell for about $3500
US for a MD2x..

Just one final tip regarding the marginal oil circulation in the valve area
when the engine is cold or shot run... When ever I add oil to my engine, I
do it throught the plugs on the valve cover. These plugs were intended for
adjusting the compression release, but work better for adding oil than the
regular oil fill. Doing this totally floods the valve gear with fresh oil.

--
My opinion and experience. FWIW

Steve
s/v Good Intentions