posted to rec.boats.electronics
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default Voltage Regulation for LED Lighting

In article , "WBH" wrote:
You can put led lights in series, but then you always have to switch more
lights on than you need. The whole idea of led lighting is to be more
efficient with DC and that translates to being able to switch lights
individually. The only way to efficiently supply power to leds is by using
constant current regulators, that use PWM (pulse width modulation). Any
other circuitry, be it transistor or Vreg, produces heat and is therefore
inefficient. Cheap led drivers can be found he
cheers,
wbh

Well I guess the regulators are cheaper than the leds now.
At least these imports.
These are interesting but what the hell are those prongs for ?
Would be interesting to see the specs and the switching frequency.
Free shipping fro Hong Kong. Good.

greg

. ..