Joe Joe is offline

Default Wind Gen

On May 26, 10:18*am, Richard Casady
wrote:
On Mon, 25 May 2009 13:47:17 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"

wrote:
The only "job" wind generators do well is disturb the peace and quite of an
otherwise peaceful anchorage. Look around at any and all sailboats using
wind generators and you will see selfish, inconsiderate jerks who think
their energy hog habits take precedence over the peace and quite of dozens
of boaters who have sensible energy requirements.

.. I had a neighbor with a Rebel [first of the
fiberglass sailboats, 16 ft, 700 lbs.], and the halyard beat on the
mast day after day, year after year. Nobody cared.

We have a few wind gens here in the marina and they have never made
any annoying noise until the winds hit 110-120 in gusts. Then they
sounded like an indy car at full rev's until it came apart. Being it
was upwind I had a few seconds warning to expect a strong gust. A few
days later I found the field winding to it about 300 yards upwind from
the boat.

I love the sound of a marina full of lanyard slapping sailboats,
better than wind chimes... it drives the power boaters mad ;0)

Joe

Casady

Casady