Jere Lull

Default Finally used the RF

Parallax wrote:

NOW, about lazy jacks on a 28' boat. Some ppl say they are a pain and
some ppl say they are great. SO, how do you keep the main from
blinding the helmsman when it has been pulled down and not yet flaked
on the boom?

When in a hurry, I carry the gaskets over my shoulder, drop the sail and
quickly tie up any old way. Might take a minute in adverse conditions,
but the bulk of the sail is tamed within 5-10 seconds of the drop. We
flake the sail properly once things have quieted down.

--
Jere Lull