Bob Bob is offline

Default LIVE from Fourchon

Well Im in the middle of my second hitch. Things are getting routeen.

Got to pour my first polyester resin socket. Im on a 4 point anchor
boat. Anchors are 10,000 lbs each. Anchor wire is 1 1/4" x 7,000
feet. Company requires a 10:1 scope on all sets.

So here is my question. In the good old days Ive seen babit poured in
a socket of course bear **** packed around the wire to keep the molten
babit form leaking out the bottom. I havent heard of using polyester
resin to stick a wire in a socket. I asked why not epoxy and got a
blank stare.

Do recreational boats use it? Seem to me there were two choices for
yachts: 1) swedged or 2) sta-loc type for standing rigging.

Opinion sought............

Bob