Bruce in Bangkok[_14_] Bruce in Bangkok[_14_] is offline

Default Want a small diesel setup...

On Tue, 19 May 2009 12:30:47 -0500, cavelamb
wrote:

Martin Baxter wrote:
cavelamb wrote:
Lew Hodgett wrote:
Somebody wrote:

Anyone know of a reasonably priced source for a small (12 to 15 HP)
diesel engine and transmission?

A marinized Kubota, try Beta.

Probably more than you want to pay, but that's life.

Lew

Thanks Lew.

Beta Marine Beta 10 Beta Marine Diesel Engines w/ standard features &
transmission : $7,062.00 - plus shipping.

You should be able to get a Volvo-Penta D1-13 for about that, nice
motor, (I've got one)

Cheers
Martin

I did see a VP S-Drive that was fairly reasonable. Installing one would be
the easiset way to go. But IIRC, they are at least partly aluminum.
Salt water environment is pretty hard on that.

I'm not familiar with the engine you mention but I have two Peugeot
Induner, marinized engines in a boat. aluminum head, intake manifold,
bell housing and transmissions. Been there for about 30 years with no
problems.

The engines do have fresh water cooling though.

Cheers,

Bruce in Bangkok
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)