cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default Want a small diesel setup...

Capt. JG wrote:

I really liked the Westerbeke 13 HP two cylinder. It would run a lot
smoother
than that one lunger 10 hp.

If i could find one complete (like from a wreck, Salty!) I think it would
be a very interesting winter project.

So who (besides Wee Willie) has a wreck handy?

Richard

I don't have a spare, but I can tell you that I really like the engine. I
have one in my Sabre. Not a minute's trouble.

Here is what the job looks like to me...

Shaft, packing gland, strut and propeller
Engine bed stringer caps and saddles
Fuel tank with supply and return lines and fill
Fuel water filter separator (and eventually fuel polishing system?)

Raw water thru hull, sea cock, strainer and related hoses and clamps
Exhaust outlet thru hull, muffler, hoses and clamps
Battery and connectors, grounding bonding wire.

Panel and/or gauges
Engine controls shift and throttle, cables and connectors.
Engine compartment (housing), ventilation system.

And, for my boat, a new companionway ladder since the engine compartment
forms part of the ladder.

Since the idea is to swim the salt, maybe a heat exchanger for engine cooling?

All depends on finding a suitable package.