Bruce in Bangkok[_14_] Bruce in Bangkok[_14_] is offline

Default Stainless

On Mon, 18 May 2009 06:38:01 -0500, Brian Whatcott
wrote:

Bruce in Bangkok wrote:
...I got an old stainless year tea kettle. Had it about ten years,
or so and it's been on the boat all that time. And, it has had water
in it for a lot of that time as we live on the boat about half the
time.

Still holding up well, hasn't leaked a drop yet. A magnet sticks to it
too...

Cheers,

Bruce in Bangkok
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

I have an electric tea kettle of that kind too. Had it for years, no
problem.
And a stainless bowl - that developed a pinhole in weeks when I left it
out with saline in it. Yes, I know - difficult for you to understand or
believe.

Brian W

No, I understand and probably believe. I'm simply responding to some
rather grandiose and illogical statements:

"Put water in a bowl and it will have a hole in it is a couple of
weeks" - I did and it didn't.

"Don't use magnetic stainless on a boat" - I have done and it hasn't
leaked yet..

I notice that you seem to snip the statement I am responding to and
leave only my statement standing all alone.