John H[_2_] John H[_2_] is offline

Default G.M. Seeks More Imports From Low-Wage Regions

On Sun, 17 May 2009 22:52:33 -0400, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:

Tell me again why we're dumping billions down this rat hole?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/18/bu....html?_r=1&hpw

A good line...

"Others, like Harley Shaiken, at the University of California,
Berkeley, argue that if G.M. focused more intensely on technology and
auto quality, it could concentrate production in the United States and
still be competitive."

I wonder why G.M. couldn't focus more intensely on technology and auto
quality and *still* produce cars in Mexico and China?
--

John H