noah

Default The problem with these off-topic, political threads...

On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 02:38:37 GMT, "Don White"
wrote:

I don't see where it's a sport anymore.
If your family needs the food...that's one thing, but to sit on the edge of
a field and blast away at a flock of geese walking around resting or trying
to find feed......seems a bit like shooting fish in a barrell.
Same with deer hunting. With a high powered rifle and scope...not to mention
ATV's & Ski Doos what chance does the deer have.
What's next?...laser rifles that are silent? The 'great white hunter' could
blast holes in dozens of the beasts before they are scared off. The
Beatles said it all....'hey Bunglow Bill what did you kill'

Don, FWIW, laser sights and silencers are strictly illegal for any
kind of hunting, and any responsible hunter would not think of using
them even if they were legal. Also FWIW, if I am bird hunting
(including waterfowl), I do not shoot them if they are "down". All
shots are taken "in flight". I don't know if this makes any
difference to you, but please get the facts straight about laser
sights and silencers.

Thanks,
noah

Gould 0738 wrote in message
I think Harry will really be saddened to hear that I went to the seminar

at
Fort A.P.Hill here in Virginia and got my deer permit for the base this
coming
season. Venison steaks will be for dinner!

Butch Ammon

Deer hunting? Maybe your deer are bigger, meaner, and warier back east but
shooting a deer out west here anymore is like gunning down the neighbor's

pet
goat.
Darn things are all semi-tame. They are so acclimated to people that about

half
of them come up and beg for snacks when they see human beings. There was
probably something to the "sport" at one time, but most of the deer around

here
are not much bigger than (and no more clever than) a typical petting-zoo

goat.