jps

Default Great Economic News: Recession is Over!

"NOYB" wrote in message
m...
No, actually, *you* are wrong. Productivity is a measure of total

man-hours
needed to produce a product. If someone can build 2 widgets per hour
(ie--1/2 man-hour per widget), you don't get increased productivity

numbers
by working that guy 50 hours per week, rather than 40 hours. You increase
productivity by figuring out a way to get that guy to build 3 widgets per
hour (1/3 man-hour per widget). Didn't you ever take a business class?

And do you know for certain that your sources are measuring productivity in
this manner? Perhaps in academia but not in the commercial markets. Just
because it's how we were taught to think of defining productivity in school,
that doesn't mean it's the measure being used.

I've heard our increased productivity is indeed due to longer hours and
reduced time off.

I'd like to see your sources and what measures they're really using.