Cindy Ballreich

Default Damm Roaches

Skip Gundlach wrote:
"Dale" wrote in message
link.net...

This stuff works better than anything I have ever seen. 4 parts Boric
Acid powder, 2 parts flour and 1 part cocoa powder (like Hersey's) and
spread it liberally around the boat, under cabinets and things. I know
this is ridiculous to say but don't let it get wet. It will make a
mess. I know one person who used this in their apartment and it cleaned
out the entire building. It takes a few weeks to work though.

Heard a variation on that theme: use boric acid and powdered sugar, put in
bottle caps to keep from spreading around. They love the sugar so swarm to
it, and it looks and feels like the BA...

Here's the variation that I heard: Boric acid and powdered sugar
mixed into a paste with canned milk. Roll the paste into little
balls and dry in the sun. Once dry, scatter the balls around the
boat. I've never tried it, but a friend who carelessly brought
cardboard boxes aboard in Mexico swears by it.