Horace Brownbag

Default Damm Roaches

On 22 Oct 2003 23:06:52 -0700, (Jim) wrote:

"BORIC ACID! Its sold in powder form at Home Depot under the name 'Victor
Roach killing power. I believe its also called 'Roach pruff'. Just dust it
into the area and sweep it into the corners and forget about it. The little
buggers will walk thru it and track it to their nest and lick themselves
clean. I swear by it ---Jim

Keith" wrote in message ...
I've never had a roach problem on a boat before, but have got one now. Those
damm little German cockroaches have gotten a foothold, and nothing I'm using
is doing much good. I have used those Raid Max smoke type foggers twice,
sprayed everywhere with Raid Max, and then used the "wet" foggers. I can
knock them down for awhile, but not out.

Raid Max used to be the best, lasted for months. They've reformulated it to
a water-based formulation that smells completely differently from the old
style, and it doesn't seem to do anything unless you spray it right on them,
despite their claims that it "kills for up to 6 months".

Any ideas?

While I also swear by boric acid, I've heard that another treatment is
confectioner's sugar, and baking soda. The roaches, blest with both
an acid stomach, and an exoskeleton, cannot belch. It tears me up
just thinking about it.

....but I'll stick with the boric acid.