Doug Dotson

Default Espar Vs. Webasto Heaters

It does make some noise, but I never noticed a high pitched
whine. Just the sound of the blower running. Ours is mounted
remote from the main living area so you can hardly hear it. The
whine may be "wind noise" due to some resonating in the ductwork.

Doug

"Arco" wrote in message
I had an Espar on my old boat in SF bay - loved the hot air and hot
water - but the heater made a lot of noise - a high pitched whine like
a vacuum cleaner - not the kind of thing you like to listen to in a
quiet anchorage.

Any other Espar users have the same experience?

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 21:11:54 -0400, "Doug Dotson"
wrote:

Our Espar works great. Used it for an entire winter here in Pasadena.
Kept the boat warm for 3 months on about 90 gal of fuel. Not
bad, never had a failure.