Jim Hollenback

Default Damm Roaches

Larry W4CSC ) wrote:
: I probably shouldn't let anyone in on the secret because there are SC
: boaters reading this, but I'm a nice guy......

: If you go out into the COUNTRY, where there are country stores with
: lots of old stock laying around in their hardware departments, you can
: STILL find bottles and granules of Dursban, the banned, but
: great-working insecticide the pest control industry has gotten their
: friends in Washington's EPA to wrestle away from the consumers who
: quit paying pest controllers to spray into the cabinets.

: If you get the granules, load up the dry parts of the bilges, behind
: cabinets/refridgerators/stoves with granules. Dursban STILL does a
: first-rate job, like it always did, killing off the creepy crawlers.

: The other source I found out about is that the EPA, in cooperation
: with powerful golfers who contribute to campaigns and don't like to be
: bitten by ants on the 1st tee, have quietly gotten golf courses exempt
: from the pest control bribing. It's called Dursban Pro, now, and if
: you know someone in the golf course biz you can get your supply from
: there.

: My house and its parrot pets, who are very sensitive to anything that
: will kill a roach, have been saturated with Dursban since its
: introduction. None of us...human or birds....has chemical weapons
: lesions leaking puss from its use, here. Just don't pour it on the
: kids or spray it where the kids can play in it. Dursban only needs
: perimeter spraying, anyways.

: You need to see the South Carolina State Bird, the "Water Bug". It's
: a roach-like, 4 inch long, dark brown beast of a beetle that's
: actually quite harmless, once you get used to him, that can cause
: heart seizures in the unenlightnened, when he crawls across your face
: in the dark at 4AM after a drinking binge has fogged your memory.
: Unlike the German roaches, they'd just as soon fly as crawl, being
: very comfortable with either mode. Stomped, they emit a decided
: "Pop!" and some green stuff. Some South Carolinians think they are
: "not from 'round heah", an alien life form......

boric acid ... cheaper, easier, and no EPA ban. Put some along corners
where the little buggers walk. They carry it back to the nest and kill
the whole lot.

--
Jim Hollenback

my opinion.