Wizard of Woodstock Wizard of Woodstock is offline

Default Heh - well, isn't this interesting.

On Wed, 13 May 2009 11:18:47 -0500, thunder
wrote:

On Wed, 13 May 2009 12:13:28 -0400, Wizard of Woodstock wrote:

So it?s easy to sit back in the armchair and say that torture can

never
be used. But when you?re in the foxhole, it?s a very different deal."

Senator Chuck Schumer, June 8, 2004

What would Schumer know about being in a foxhole?

Got me - I assume that he knows if he said it. :)

The point, I think, is that the CIA and the Bush administration got
much different feedback on Congressional expectations for securing the
nation from another devastating terrorist attack.

That mandate got reinforced in Congressional briefings on the EITs,
where people like Nancy Pelosi not only never objected, but some of
them asked whether the CIA was being tough enough on Abu Zubaydah,
Ramzi Binalshibh, and Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. The only one who did
object is Jane Harman and she said so openly.

If accountability is to be imposed, let it be imposed across the board
- let's not single out the Bush Administration if it's found to be a
criminal action.

Hyprocrisy on this issue is rampant. Compare and contrast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bg6Zs6vcws