Baja-Mo

Default Lavac heads vs. others

Now we're getting some real facts on the table - we need more?

Yes, I've lots of personal experience - with those of others.

It is true you don't get a "house bowl" sized seat like you can in
real heads or home toilets.

It's also true that after a while the wear from the lid seals wears
off the paint on the seat and it looks unclean.

Not only is the lid a replaceable necessary item - so are the lid-seat
and seat-bowl seals and they're big $$$ also.

BTW, new Home Depot seats/lids for real toilets are $6.00 and last as
long as home use.

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 19:41:49 -0400, "Jeff Morris"
jeffmo@NoSpam-sv-lokiDOTcom wrote:

"yes" wrote in message
.. .
Read the archives of this NG for many accurate comments.

Do you have any personal experiance?

Some points - the Lavac has a small seat and no ass room.

They make a normal size and a compact. It is true that you can't use a "Home Depot" seat
with it.

The seals
ruin the paint on the seats and they always look dirty - like nobody
even cleans the sea.

The seats aren't painted. The seals are non-marking white rubber and I've never seen a
mark.

The Lavac seats freq are wet from flushing - yuck.

They don't get badly slimed unless the pump flapper is jammed. The same thing can happen
on any head, often worse. The underside of the seat should be wiped down every few
days, depending on the use.

The lavac seat lids are prone to cracking from the vacuum
pressure or kneeling on them - cost $$$ and the toilet won't flush
with a cracked lid or bad seals - can't get good enuf vacuum.

Don't kneel on them. They do flex with the vacuum, but mine hasen't broken in four years,
and a friend has one that must be 15 years old. They cost $100, and should probably be
considered an appropriate spare if you're leaving the realm of FedEx. Seals are a must.
Also pump spares, but the Henderson parts can be easily had.

A friend
with a big French charter boat had 5 onboard - replaced them all with
Groco K's.

As I've said, they are not for transients.