posted to rec.boats.electronics
Larry Larry is offline

Default Boat Stereo / Amp

"Matt" wrote in
:

I'm adding an AMP to my stereo system, should the POWER/12V wire go to
the SWITCH or should it go directly to the Battery positive?

How big are its fuses? Twin 30A fuses = 60A tops....pretty much answering
your own question...OUCH! BIG WIRE straight to the battery.

The amps are all switched on by a very low current control wire you put +
12V to when you want to turn the amps on. Shut down the control voltage,
and the amps shut themselves off.

No, you can't charge the battery at all drawing 50A from some huge stereo
off an outboard motor's 15A charging circuit.....

--
-----
Larry