HK HK is offline

Default Union Calls For Foreign Profits Tax To Fund Health Reform

wrote:
On Mon, 11 May 2009 18:53:31 -0400, HK wrote:

Union Calls For Foreign Profits Tax To Fund Health Reform

WASHINGTON (Dow Jones)--U.S. labor unions are joining a push by the
Obama administration to raise taxes on the foreign profits of U.S.
multinationals. An AFL-CIO official will urge a Senate committee Tuesday
to use the proceeds from Obama's tax changes - as much as $210 billion -
to help fund an overhaul of the U.S. health-care system.

- - -

That's a start, though I'm sure the rate of the tax would be too low.

Corporations are far to slippery for that. They would just structure
themselves so the "US" corporation never made much profit. The money
would all be made by a Mexican corporation that gets a tax break from
Mexico for all the employment they provide.
The money all ends up in the Caymans anyway.

BTW did you see that "obama deception" movie.
I agree there is a lot of dogma in there from folks who think "they"
are out to get us but there is also more than a grain of truth in the
assertion that multinational corporations and international banking
cartels are transcending national governments in their power and
influence. It is where the liberal left and the fringe right agree.
... or should.

Corporate and banker machinations...not news.