Larry Larry is offline

Default GAO GPS report

Wayne.B wrote in
:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...096655c90a57ca

?
hl=en&dmode=source

I just sent this message to every Charleston County council member, just
to prime the pump a little..... I may have overstated your net worth a
tiny bit, but they'll get the message....(c;]

I'm not a yacht owner, but crew on many and am a victim/resident of
Charleston County since 1966. I've heard horror stories from visiting
yachtsmen who will never return to our harbor for fear of the county tax
bureaucrats trying to confiscate their boats and their wallets, by force
of seizures if necessary.

So, they take their yachts and all that money that I'm SURE the downtown
and Mt Pleasant merchants and tourist industry could use, especially now
in this depression, elsewhere...Wilmington, Savannah, Florida where tax
bureaucrats are NOT standing on the marina docks demanding tribute,
which is what it amounts to.

This yachtsman's story is NOT an isolated case. I know this person
because I communicate with him regularly on the rec.boats.cruising
newsgroup. He'll never bring his money back to our normally friendly
city because of the way your employees tried to steal his money and
threatened to steal his yacht because of another dock encounter with the
tax gestapo by a FORMER owner of his new yacht, way back.....
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...96655c90a57ca?
hl=en&dmode=source

I'd like council to think long and hard about the ramifications these
horror stories of confiscation and taxes on out-of-state yacht owners
have on our local economy. Ask yourself one question, please......

Does the money stolen by the tax gestapo even come close to offsetting
the lost REVENUES the tax gestapo would collect from some millionaire
yachtie's SPENDING on the depressed local economy IF we let him stay
tied to our docks as long as he wishes, unmolested by government
bureaucrats trying to suck his blood on the docks?

If I were on council, I'd be voting to provide him with FREE DOCKAGE at
City Marina for 6 months, just to get him to stay here....not in Ft
Lauderdale!

Can't anyone see how stupid and short-sighted it is running millionaires
out of our harbor?!

Duhhh..

--
-----