Larry Larry is offline

Default GAO GPS report

wrote in :

On Sat, 09 May 2009 02:12:48 +0000, Larry wrote:

"mmc" wrote in
ting.com:

Yeah Larry, I like the argument about how low our taxes are when
compared to other first world nations. The arguees for some reason
can't think beyond federal income tax. I think I'm at 45-50%.

I tried to add up my total tax bills to ALL little fiefdoms one
year.....

That's no good for your blood pressure after the utility bills and
property loads. I gave away a 10' plastic dingy after the $38
personal property tax bill caused by putting a SC boat license number
($35 more) on the side of it so I could put a 3hp outboard motor on
the back.

Oh, my effort yielded roughly 66% tax load from all tit suckers....

Here in Connecticut, which is often touted as one of the wealthiest
and heavily taxed states, there is no property tax on my dinghy and
the annual registration is $7.50 including the motor.

There is no property tax on the mainship, either. Just $105 a year
(not calculated by value) for a registration decal. Yes, that's really
a tax, but it's not based on value, so it's hard to call it a
"property tax". I know what property taxes are, because I pay those,
too.

http://www.weilmaritime.com/firm-cas...-nightmare.php
A South Carolina horror story.

Stay two weeks at a Charleston marina and the Charleston County Tax
Bureaucrats will be by to discuss your pending tax liability. It has
happened many times in the past to "normal", read that not the
superrich, boaters.

Personal property tax in SC is anything with a license on it we can
find....Boats, planes, outboard motors with titles over 5hp, cars,
trucks and anything else with wheels on it and a title. This differs
from real estate taxes in the state. That's another boondoggle
altogether.

--
-----
Larry