[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default GAO GPS report

On Sat, 09 May 2009 02:12:48 +0000, Larry wrote:

"mmc" wrote in
ing.com:

Yeah Larry, I like the argument about how low our taxes are when
compared to other first world nations. The arguees for some reason
can't think beyond federal income tax. I think I'm at 45-50%.

I tried to add up my total tax bills to ALL little fiefdoms one year.....

That's no good for your blood pressure after the utility bills and property
loads. I gave away a 10' plastic dingy after the $38 personal property tax
bill caused by putting a SC boat license number ($35 more) on the side of
it so I could put a 3hp outboard motor on the back.

Oh, my effort yielded roughly 66% tax load from all tit suckers....

Here in Connecticut, which is often touted as one of the wealthiest
and heavily taxed states, there is no property tax on my dinghy and
the annual registration is $7.50 including the motor.

There is no property tax on the mainship, either. Just $105 a year
(not calculated by value) for a registration decal. Yes, that's really
a tax, but it's not based on value, so it's hard to call it a
"property tax". I know what property taxes are, because I pay those,
too.