MMC MMC is offline

Default Wanted..one small utility trailer

"jim78565" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
m...
Don White wrote:
What to do?
Now that the Ranger pickup has gone back off lease, I have an
occasional use for a small utility trailer.
Here's what I'm looking at right now...
Lifetime fold-up 4' x 6' model capable of carrying 1000 lbs. Canadian
Tire has them on sale next week at $800.00 CDN.
pros...small & light...very easy to store on small city lot. deck made
of galvanized corrugated steel
cons... way more moving parts to sieze & rust...light duty.. inside
dimensions just a hair too small for laying 4' wide sheets flat,
frame is powder coated steel

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows...%2BTrailer.jsp

DuraTrail 52" x 100" galvanized Econo Utility with landscape ramp
pros..can easily carry full sheets of plywood, gyproc etc
hot dipped galvanized for long lasting in our salt air climate/ winter
road salt
can carry approx 1700 lbs
cons.. 2.5 times the cost.....$1900.00 down here (only $1500.00 in
Ontario where they are built)
might be a bit awkward to move around & store on a small lot

http://www.trailerworld.ca/detail-1-...econo-box-.php

Got a trailer rental joint anywhere near?

Just got back from a 'survey' trip with the wife.
I showed her the Lifetime folding trailer..on display at a Dartmouth
canadian Tire store and the DuroTrail welded, galvanized trailer at the
place who installed my 'Hidden Hitch'.
She took one look at the bigger DuraTrail with it's high rear 'landscape
type' loading ramp and said...where are you going to store that?
We also dropped into the U-Haul rental center and saw two reasonable
sized utility trailers. They weighed 1240 lbs curb weight. I'd be able to
load 260 lbs before exceeding the SUVs limit.
Funny...both trailers caried Virginia license plates.
The good thing...U-haul were advertising vans at $19.95 a day for in-town
use. I imagine they'd be pushing insurance for the same amount.

Good thing you had the wife with you to give you a dose of reality. ;-)

Yeah and all those years that I was under the impression that I could think
for myself. What was wrong with me?