Wim

Default Knotmeter

"Parallax" wrote in message
m...
: A
:
: Useless Idea #3729
: s Y'all know, I dislike expensive gadgets and that extends to knotlogs
: with their always fouling impellers but I would really like a
: knotmeter that will help me really tell when my sail trimming is
: helping (I admit, I really can't tell most of the time) and the
: response time of even GPS is suspect. However, my little "KNotstik"
: that drags a weighted drag behind with a spring in a cylinder has TOO
: SHORT a response time and responds to every wave that passes. So, I
: propose to give he Knotstik a longer response time by making the
: indicator fit tighter in the cylinder and closing off the end through
: the cord with the drag passes making it a sort of damper with air as
: the damping fluid. This way, it doesnt respond to very fast
: transients but only to longer increases in speed.
:
: Any better ideas?

No, but just enjoy yourself !

c ya Wim