Tim Tim is offline

Default Niagara Falls -- Spectacular

On May 7, 9:11*am, John H wrote:
We returned last night from our trip to Niagara Falls. What a great
place to visit!

We stayed on the Canada side, at the Jellystone Campground. I'd not
recomment it. Too close to a major highway, the QEW, with too much
noise. And, the 'free shuttle' to the falls doesn't begin operating
until Memorial day weekend.

We bought an 'Adventure Pass' for $39.95 each. This is definitely
worthwhile. It includes the major activities and provides for
discounts at some of the other activities. This includes the Maid of
the Mist, which is a 'must do' if you visit.

Mrs H wanted to ride a helicopter, so we did. It's a little pricey,
but what with global warming and all, it may not be around in the
future. So we did it while we could. Spectacular views! We didn't see
any helicopters other than the ones from the place we rode, on the
Canadian side. Don't know if there are still American helicopters
going or not, but we saw only the blue ones over the falls.

The Canadian side has most of the attractions, and is very beautiful.
The American side has a nice parkway, but Niagara Falls, NY, appears
to be a rundown suburb of Buffalo. (Sorry, Loogy, but that's just my
opinion.)

It costs money every time one crosses into Canada. Supposedly, this is
to pay for the bridges. I wish the USA would charge also. When I
mentioned this posibility to a US Customs agent, he said he'd love to
charge anyone with a US passport $1.00, and anyone without the
passport $500.00!

At one crossing we got in line and quickly noticed that our line was
very slow. The other lines were moving at least five times as fast as
ours (we would move one car length when the line next to us was moving
five cars). When we finally got to the window, the Canadian customs
started with the questions. We'd been through this a couple times
already, so we expected nothing new. Then the guy started on weapons.
We didn't have any and told him so. He then proceeded to lecture us on
the problems we would face if we lied to him and were searched. He
gave us another chance to 'come clean'. Then he asked if I owned any
weapons, and what were they. I told him - shotgun, rifle, couple
pistols. Again he offered a chance to come clean - telling us how much
trouble we would be in if they found a weapon. This guy was unreal!
But, we then understood why our line had taken so long. All the
Canadian customs were concerned with the importation of weapons. This
guy was paranoid about it..

Anyway, the trip was great. If you've never been, I'd highly recommend
this place as a 'must see'. Plan on at least two days to see
everything.
--
John H

For a great time, go here first...http://tinyurl.com/d3vxvm

Excellent John. I'm glad you and the wife had a safe and enjoyable
trip.