[email protected] LoogyPicker@gmail.com is offline

Default The end of LORAN

On May 7, 11:16*am, "Eisboch" wrote:
"jps" wrote in message

On Thu, 7 May 2009 10:57:09 -0400, "Eisboch"
wrote:

Oh well. * It was nice having a backup system to GPS, but it looks like
it's
dead.
I think it was Clinton who tried to dump it before but it was retained due
to an overwhelming protest by the military, commercial transportation
operations and the general boating/aviation public.

GPS can be jammed. *LORAN is much more difficult to jam. * I've used both
and although GPS is very good, I always liked the reliability of LORAN.

Eisboch

Again you find yourself in the minority. *What's a renaissance man to
do?

Buy new tubes for my tires?

Eisboch- Hide quoted text -

Or new tubes for your black and white tv!