Canuck57[_7_] Canuck57[_7_] is offline

Default Chrysler Lenders Must Reveal Identities Today, Judge Rules

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"HK" wrote in message

Chrysler Lenders Must Reveal Identities Today, Judge Rules

By Tiffany Kary

May 6 (Bloomberg) -- Chrysler LLC dissident lenders have until 10 a.m.
today to reveal their identities after a bankruptcy judge rejected claims
that their safety was at risk because of anger over the automaker’s
bankruptcy.

U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Arthur Gonzalez in New York forced the group to
file a list of its members publicly, denying their request to reveal
their identities only to the bankruptcy court. Gonzalez said yesterday
the lenders have no evidence that keeping their identities private would
help protect them. The group seeks to block an auction of most company
assets to an entity managed by Fiat SpA, an outcome Chrysler said would
force it to liquidate, costing thousands of jobs.

- - -

Heads on pikes...

Heads on pikes? For what, wanting to be anonymous due to reactions like
yours?
Although I agree the lender's names should be public, since it's a public
legal action, but I also agree that the secured lenders have a legitimate
claim to the assets. It's up to the BK judge to try to work out any
compromise or agreement, according to law.

Chrysler has unfortunately been dead for years. It's being kept alive by
artificial means and financial manipulation. Daimler/Mercedes tried to
resuscitate it to no avail and dumped it.
Legitimate secured lenders have as much right to claim the assets as Fiat
does, regardless of how you may feel about "saving jobs". In fact, any
interference or manipulation of the bankruptcy court's proceedings by the
Fed may be illegal. This will be interesting to watch.

Eisboch

Which is really what is going on here. Government and the corrupt are
trying to screw the bond holders. That is, welch on the debt. If the
courts don't uphold the bond holders right to secured property and a fair
shake, then you might as well hang a shingle out saying "In America we don't
pay our debts" and get the sub-zero credit rating cast in stone.

There isn't a liquidity crisis, there is a shortage of people paying their
debts dropping the nations credit rating. Government needs to support and
not try to end run debt laws.

But then, government is the biggest default debtor in the land. Scary
thought.