Default Flexible solar panel recommendation?

"JimConlin" wrote:

I'm thinking of a solar panel on my house top which is curved.
About
50 watts will be enough.

When it comes to sizing solar panels, it is CYA time.

A reasonable assumption is about 50% output based on location of
panel, clouds, etc, and 50% output/24 hours since it averages 12 hours
daylight per day over a year.

Thus:

(NamePlate Output)*(50%)*(50%)= 25% NamePlate Output

Factor in an additional 20% derate for what I call the
"StupidityFactor", thus:

(25% NamePlate Output)*(100%-20 StupidityFactor) = 20%.

IOW, to practice CYA for solar panel requirements, calculate needs
based on 20% of NamePlate Output.

Lew