BAR[_2_] BAR[_2_] is offline

Default More on Govt designed cars

thunder wrote:
On Sat, 02 May 2009 09:58:20 -0400, BAR wrote:

If you want to talk about the carbon foot print of a gasoline powered
vehicle vs. an electric powered vehicle, with a battery pack, you
shouldn't be surprised who the loser is.

Whose talking about a carbon footprint? But there is the little thing
about oil, as in *foreign* oil. IMO, electric cars could aid in once
again making us energy independent.

Every time someone says anything about foreign oil I think less of them.
Oil is oil it doesn't matter whether it is sucked out of the ground in
the middle east or off the coast of Florida. What does matter is who
gets the money If you want the USA to reduce its dependence on foreign
oil and keep the money at home then you are in favor of drilling for oil
in our own oil fields now.

We know how to produce energy. What we don't know how to do is to store
energy. How do we store energy from solar panels and wind? How do you
turn on the wind to produce energy on demand? How do you turn on solar
panels in the middle of the night in when demand goes up.