Eisboch[_4_] Eisboch[_4_] is offline

Default More on Govt designed cars

"Richard Casady" wrote in message

I had a 57 Volvo that had been painted flat black with a brush, and
had a channel iron front bumper. City busses were scared of it,

Casady

Reminds me of another adventure raising kids.

When my daughter was about 12 years old I had an old Chevy "Luv" pickup
truck that we kept in the backyard. Painted it black with a paintbrush and
used it as a motorized wheelbarrow while clearing some land area. It was a
wreck, but it ran.

Anyway, the yard was big and I let my daughter drive it around once in a
while figuring it was a good way for her to learn how to drive a manual
transmission. Problem was the engine had a leaky head gasket and the
radiator was always slowly losing water. I told my daughter that before
she used it to make sure she could see water in the radiator.

A few days later she announced that the truck wouldn't start anymore. We
went out to check it out. When I turned the key to start it, the engine
didn't budge. Meanwhile my daughter is yapping away telling me that she had
checked the water, didn't see any, so she filled it up.

I asked her *where* she put the water. Sure enough, she had removed the
air filter and filled the carburetor to the top.

One Chevy Luv off to the junkyard.

Eisboch