Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default More on Govt designed cars

On Fri, 1 May 2009 19:39:14 -0400, "Eisboch"
wrote:

Remember what we did as kids with new licenses? Drove Dad's car down the
street at speed and shut the ignition switch off for a few seconds, then
turned it back on.
The build up of fuel in the exhaust system usually blew a hole in the
muffler if you were successful. Instant hot rod.

I wouldn't call them hot rodders, but... It started as you say and
progressed to a spark plug and a fuel nozzle in the tail pipe.
The arms race culminated in a propane tank in the trunk and twenty
five foot tongues of flame. Ultimate no go showboat.

Casady