HK HK is offline

Default More on Govt designed cars

Eisboch wrote:

"Johnson" wrote in message
jps wrote:

A heap for a truck definitely makes folks think twice about gettin'
too close. Before I had the exhaust redone it had a nasty hole
pre-muffler that was good for attracting attention and scaring the
crap out of nearby drivers and pedestrians.

Did it sound like a gunshot?

Johnson

Remember what we did as kids with new licenses? Drove Dad's car down
the street at speed and shut the ignition switch off for a few seconds,
then turned it back on.
The build up of fuel in the exhaust system usually blew a hole in the
muffler if you were successful. Instant hot rod.

Eisboch

I bought a glasspack muffler for my first car, which was either a 1948
Jeep station wagon or a 1952-53 AeroWillys, depending on what my father
would let me use when I was 16. He had rebuilt both. Anyway, the muffler
made the car louder. But either one of them still had almost no
horsepower! Do you remember that long hill - Amity Road, I think it was
called...and where it bottomed, it became Whalley Avenue? Got those cars
up to 55 mph going downhill there.