Jim Jim is offline

Default Press Conference

Eisboch wrote:

"mmc" wrote in message
ng.com...

I'm just another dumbass in the ethernet, but I have to wonder: if we
have drugs to make people spill secrets and we have been told by just
about every intelligence agency out there, including our own CIA, that
the torturee will say anything you want him to say to stop the
beating, cattle prodding, electric shock to the ol testees,
waterboarding, etc, etc, etc.... why the hell was this crap ever started?
Was it so the tapes and transcripts could be produced containing
exactly what the torturers were directed to "discover"? This "product"
could then be used to justify just about anything the big dogs wanted
to do when trotted out to the Senate Intelligence Committee.

Beats me.

I have a hazy recollection that the effectiveness of "truth serums",
etc. are really nothing but myths made popular by Hollywood.

Dr. Dean Edell had that for a subject on his radio show a while ago. He
said the whole idea was to make people so sleepy (like coming out of
anesthesia) that they were not able to lie.

He said the whole subject was based on wishful thinking.