jps jps is offline

Default Press Conference

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 09:48:53 -0400, "Eisboch"
wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
.. .

I didn't mention bombing the Japs or Krauts in WWII in the most
massive conflagration in human history.
I asked a simple question about giving the President life and death
rights over an individual in a torture chamber.
There's a tremendous difference.
Could be you, your kids, your friends.
Americans. Innocent.
Presidents call. Or maybe delegated to Nancy Pelosi.
She may see some teabaggers as a threat to "national security."
I say no. You're free to answer the question as you please.

--Vic

A threat against the USA is the Commander-in-Chiefs responsibly, not a nut
case like Pelosi and the decision making can't be delegated.

Obama is getting a free pass on the recent photo-op event over Manhattan,
simply because he said he didn't know anything about it. Bush would never
have gotten away with that excuse.
It's not what the president does or doesn't do. It's what the armchair
critics think and react about the issue that makes news and reputations.

Side note on the torture issue:

I remember many in this newsgroup, including several of our left leaning
persuasion recommending horrific reprisals against the "terrorists" that
planned and participated in the 9/11 attacks in the days and weeks
following. Some of their recommendations make water-boarding look like a
recreational activity.

Eisboch

It's clear that your perspective is skewed by partisanship. I'm sure
you can see the same in me.

Bush got a free pass to take us into a war on ginned up intelligence.

Not even a partisan like me would have blamed the flyover on Bush, but
I would have blamed it on his incompetent staff. I think whomever was
responsible for the effort should be fired.