Eisboch[_4_] Eisboch[_4_] is offline

Default Press Conference

"mmc" wrote in message
ng.com...

I'm just another dumbass in the ethernet, but I have to wonder: if we have
drugs to make people spill secrets and we have been told by just about
every intelligence agency out there, including our own CIA, that the
torturee will say anything you want him to say to stop the beating, cattle
prodding, electric shock to the ol testees, waterboarding, etc, etc,
etc.... why the hell was this crap ever started?
Was it so the tapes and transcripts could be produced containing exactly
what the torturers were directed to "discover"? This "product" could then
be used to justify just about anything the big dogs wanted to do when
trotted out to the Senate Intelligence Committee.

Beats me.

I have a hazy recollection that the effectiveness of "truth serums", etc.
are really nothing but myths made popular by Hollywood.