Larry W4CSC

Default Wireless LAN on a sailboat

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 09:35:49 GMT, "Vic Fraenckel"
wrote:

I would like to hear from anyone that has had any experience running a
wireless LAN on a cruising sailboat.

Any enlightenment will be appreciated.

Ashley Marina has a WiFi system running around the marina for any
sailor who wants access to use. As it works very nicely across the
docks, I'd suspect a wireless LAN from one end of any size FIBERGLASS
boat to another would work just fine, too.

Of course, it won't work good in METAL boats inside the shield.....

Larry W4CSC

3600 planes with transponders are burning 8-10 million
gallons of kerosene per hour over the USA. R-12 car air
conditioners are responsible for the ozone hole, right?