posted to rec.boats.electronics
Rick Morel Rick Morel is offline

Default Raymarine S1/ST6002 and NMEA

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 18:25:40 +0200, "Bjarke M. Christensen"
Bjarke(snabel-a)grevestrand(punkt)dk wrote:

OK. So the S1 computer translate to Seatalk. We guess that is not the case
if you connect the NMEA signal to the ST6002 display.

Actually, I don't see why not. I'd try it, but we're out cruising for
a bit and don't want to start taking things apart.

The way I understand the manual, it should. I don't find the manual
confusing or ambiguous. It basically states you can connect NMEA
equipment to the computer or the display. Sounds simple and
straightforward to me. Otherwise how could you steer by a NMEA wind
indicator, GPS or whatever?

Rick