jps jps is offline

Default The First 100 Days...

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 19:09:35 -0400, "Eisboch"
wrote:

"jps" wrote in message
.. .

His approach to bipartisanship was what attracted me the most. He was
commited to trying to find issues that all Americans could agree
needed attention so that we could work together and find better ways
to discuss our differences.

I guess you know how far that's gotten...

One of the problems with political "outsiders" (includes Obama, IMO) is
that they arrive in Washington DC full of idealism and grand illusions of
changing the status quo.

It usually doesn't take long before the WashDC influence starts kicking in
and idealism goes out the window in favor of survival.

Obama's off to a good start in terms of getting his ideas in the pipeline,
but he has limited time.

Eisboch

Agreed.